Friday, June 4, 2010

Lessons Learned

Wow, how I hate learning lessons the hard way. I went through quite an ordeal this week, and am slowly trying to build myself back up from it. I had some devastating things happen to me at my job, and realized that several people (including management and people I thought I could trust) completely betrayed me and went behind my back and told lies to get me fired, even though I was one of their best sales employees, and never caused drama or problems. I have never been treated so unfair (and for untrue reasons as well), and have never been let go at any job before. I am telling you all this partly because I'm still upset and venting, and partly because I want to tell you all what I've learned so that you don't have to learn it the hard way like I did. Be SO very careful of who you trust in all aspects of your life. Don't get caught up in people gossiping and trying to get you to say certain things as well, even if you feel like you can trust them. Always be cautious of the people you surround yourself with, especially at work. The work environment can be a breeding ground for gossip, and by all means, stay away from it! I tried to exclude myself from all the drama and gossip, but somehow (through deceitfulness and lies by others), they dragged me down, and crushed my spirit.

So, here I am, trying to forget the past and what happened, and only taking with me new lessons learned, and moving on to something better. Hope you all are having a better week then myself and I'll talk to you all soon!
xo

3 comments:

  1. awww I'm so sorry that you lost your job! I learned the lesson of who to trust at work the hard way too! Didn't lose my job but an intern spread some really bad rumors about me that had my boss calling me to speak to me. It was cleared that intern was trying to create drama. Took my words and twisted them and added stuff I never said. So I now know never to talk about my personal life at work with anyone!!!!that was a first and I just could believe someone could just do that for no other reason than to create drama at work!! WTH? So *hugs* and chin up something better will come along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things happen for a reason, another door will open that will lead you to your lifes destination! I just found you on utube & im obsessed <3 ! Your gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and you remind me of the news chick on E! News! TEEHEE!

    ReplyDelete